Guidance Notes for Visiting Societies
Guidance Notes for Visiting Societies
We entertain a number of societies playing golf at Kingsdown every year. We have drawn up these Guidance Notes to ensure that all visiting golfers understand the customs and conventions that are observed by our own members, with the aim of ensuring that every golfer enjoys their game.
- Booking: Any group of 10 or more golfers, with a nominated organiser, may be considered as a Society and a tee time booked for the group. A booking will be considered confirmed once a deposit has been received. Society bookings will not be accepted for weekends or Bank Holidays.
- Handicaps: Golfers are not required to produce a handicap certificate but those not able to demonstrate a basic ability to play golf may be asked to leave the course.
- Green Fees: The standard Visitor Green Fee for 2017 is £41.00 per day and Societies are charged a discounted Green Fee of £30.00 per day. A reduced Green Fee may be charged to the Society if a Kingsdown Golf Club member is responsible for the booking and plays on the day.
- Payment: The balance of fees should be paid before play commences. Payment by invoice is permitted if prior arrangements have been agreed. Should your Society include any Kingsdown Golf Club members, they will not be charged a green fee. Please note however, that they will not be permitted to sign in any of your other golfers as their guests.
- Tee Times: Tee times will be agreed with the Society Organiser to ensure that all golfers have adequate time to tee-off. Please ensure that golfers in your Society are assembled ready to play at the appropriate tee at least 5 minutes ahead of their allotted time.
- Tees: All society golfers will play from the Yellow or Red tees as appropriate.
- Slow Play: Slow play on the course is the bane of every golfer’s life. We request that you play in a Stableford format (a golfer who cannot score is asked to pick up their ball rather than holing-out) to prevent delaying other golfers. A round of golf at Kingsdown should take no more than 3 and 3/4 hours to complete a round. Please note that we do not allow Societies to play a Texas Scramble format without prior agreement.
- Care of the Course: Kingsdown takes great pride in the condition of our golf course, the quality of which gives pleasure to visitors and members alike. We ask that all golfers treat the course with respect, paying particular attention to the three Rs - Replace Divots, Rake Bunkers, Repair Pitchmarks.
- Golf Etiquette: The Club insists that all golfers observe the etiquette of golf. Any person found not observing standard etiquette may be asked to leave the course.
- Footpaths: Kingsdown Golf Club lies on a common which is owned by the club. Across the common are a number of footpaths on which the public are entitled to walk. It is of paramount importance that the Club maintains good relations with the public and everyone playing the course is asked to respect the rights of walkers and not to endanger them by striking golf balls in their direction. If any altercation with a member of the public occurs on the course, golfers are asked to notify Gareth Morgan, General Manager, of the circumstances surrounding the incident and location in which it took place.
- Trolleys: Use of narrow-wheeled trolleys and ride-on golf carts are not permitted on the course unless pre-arranged with the Manager. Wide wheeled trolleys are permitted and are available for hire but if the weather has been particularly bad prior to your visit, please call to check if any trolley bans, although unlikely, are in effect.
- Dress Code: All golfers are asked to observe the Kingsdown Golf Club dress-code on both the course and in the clubhouse. A copy of the dress-code can be found here.
- Catering: Kingsdown Golf Club Society Menus are sent to the Society Organiser. Menu choices along with the final number of attendees should be confirmed to the Manager on payment of the Societies' deposit or, at the very latest, 7 days in advance of your event. We reserve the right to charge for meals where numbers in your Society fall below the numbers confirmed. Please note that the caterers at Kingsdown Golf Club do not serve food before 10.00am or after 5.00pm without prior arrangement. We require you to choose one menu option per course for your entire party, bar those with specific dietary requirements. One and Two course dinners are available until 6.00pm, Two and Three course dinners thereafter.
- Cancellations: Should the number of attendees fall within 24 hours of your event, a charge of £5.00 per non-attendee will be charged. Cancellations on the day of the event will be charged at the full rate.
If you require clarification on any of the points above, please do not hesitate to ask. We hope that you enjoy Kingsdown Golf Club and that your day with us is memorable.
The information above can be downloaded here for distribution amongst your Society Members.
Telephone: 01225 743472